Thursday, September 13, 2007

RECOVER



Over the past week I came to the realization that everyone has to overcome something in their life. Right now my mom is on the journey to recovery, and I am so proud of her. I guess you could say I am still in denial (no it’s not just a river in Egypt). I mean, I knew my mom had a problem but I never wanted to believe it. But they say the first step is always the hardest. By my mom being gone, that made me realize how much I depend on her.

Her strength Her love Her comfort



Yes, its true, I’m a mama's girl and I am recovering from the shock that I’m not as independent as I try to lead others to believe. Recovery to me means realizing every day counts. You should visualize every road you have to take to a better you.

Leave a comment and tell me how you overcame a trying time in your life. How did you recover?

strength & love,
Br-yee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Br-yee,

Keep it positive and real you will come to realize that you can overcome anything even when you think that it is not possible.

I was in my forties when my Mother lost her life to cancer. The most difficult time in my life was watching her die and now 13 years later I am still dealing with the grief and huge hole that her dying left.

I have recently been diagnosed with very rare form of cancer, that is terminal. How do I cope? one day at a time; but with a positive attitude that I will live until I die.

Reaching out and talking to others will help you in your journey; you have made the first big step recognizing that you are not as strong as you would have others believe. It is not a weakness to allow others to help you....

Believe in yourself and your Mother's desire to make it better.

You will survive this!!!!

Sending positive vibrations your way,

Martra Clark