Thursday, June 14, 2007



Br-yee

I am 21 years old. I have been writing since I was 12. I lost interest when I was 19 because someone told me I couldn’t write. So, I stopped writing for a while. I came back to it because someone else told me that if I like to write, why worry about what someone else says. Another teacher also told me I was an excellent writer but just lack focus. I’ve been dancing since I was little. Rijke keeps me dancing.

Why BlackLight?
Why is creative expression important? Because no one gets the help they need in the world. So, if they learn how to express how they feel and what is going on in their lives it will make them feel better and things will get better for all of us.

I want to see all young women develop a sense of self-respect and self-esteem and know that they can have a voice in the world.

Detroit
I want Detroit to get back to where people stop hating on us.
I want for Detroit to become more than what it is. They say it is such a bad place but there is no one here to nurture it for it to be where it should be. Everyone wants to go where they think it is going to be so much better. Why can’t we be that place where people want to go to and stay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Br-yee - your story is inspiring.

LAFuggs said...

Br-yee,
You are off to a wonderful beginning; I am so very proud of you. I have always considered you to be an up and coming leader. This new venture is just proof of that fact. Continue using your God given gifts and abilities to encourage and uplift others; and always excel over challenges.

I wish you much success in all of your endeavors!

Your WSU EOC Counselor

Anonymous said...

Br-yee,
Congratulations on BlackLight! You are an answer to my prayers! I am so glad that you have taken up the position of leadership in our community. Thank you for using your gifts and talents to encourage and support others.

God bless you with continuous success! Never, ever give up! You are a winner!

Much Love,
Ms. Saulsberry