Thursday, June 14, 2007


Giselle


I am 18 years old. Dance is an escape for me. Dance is an escape from my everyday impoverished life and negative energy. I like writing because you can create different things away from reality. I like to read too because it deals with the imagination and you can get away from your problems.

I wanted to create BlackLight to share with other young women and help them with their self esteem. I think a lot of young women don’t have self confidence. I hope we can teach them to use creative expression as an alternative to dealing negatively with everyday life. It can be a positive thing. I want to show people how to develop a relationship with dance, develop a relationship with themselves.

People in Detroit need better resources and more positive places to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giselle, your comments really moved me.

Anonymous said...

I like this photo. you look calm and confident - even from the back. can't wait to see what you do next.