Monday, June 25, 2007

Dancing with the Stars...





I thought the class was awesome. It was totally not what I expected. I thought it was going to be a boring ballet class but was really suprised at how the movement was so free and flowing. The teachers, Rob and Sara were really helpful and encouraging. I liked the fact that they wanted us to take risks with our dancing and told us that making mistakes was good. --Rijke

I was expecting the class to be really structured and boring but it turned out to be fun. I really like MOMIX and want to see one of their shows one day. The class was fun and interactive. The most challenging part for me (as always) was when it came to tendus. Shout out SARA and ROB! Shout out to all the skinny chicks in the back! They didn’t look like they enjoyed being there or like they enjoyed dancing. But at the end of class when they had the chance to do their own choreography, it looked like they finally did get into it.
I learned that my weakness is anything that requires me to do anything with my arms and feet at the same time.
I really liked what Rob had to say about dancing and committment. If you commit to something even if you aren’t doing it right, you stand out. People won't notice the person dancing next to you even if they are doing all the steps completely "right" if they are not committed. This type of committment applies to all aspects of life. --Br-yee

I really liked the class and the instructors. I expected it to be that you had to be very flexible and that everything was going to be really really hard. Overall I liked it and the instructors were helpful. I hope to see them again one day. Thought that they were going to be used to all these skinny girls and that they were going to be like, "Get Out!" to us.
My weakness is my balance. I felt self-conscious at first but got over it when I noticed that the other students looked scared. I got my energy from Br-yee. Taking a risk can relate to every aspect in life not just dance. --Giselle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The master class sounds so great. So many times, things like this are
promoted, but people are afraid to go because they think they don't
know enough, or won't be able to keep up. I'm so glad you all went,
and can't wait to hear more about how your experience in the class
informs your work going forward.

Keep up the good work, ladies!!